On January 3rd we’ll be installing the latest service pack and hot fixes from Blackboard. There are several things that will be addressed in this release and while many of them will be seen by TASC and UKIT, several of the fixes will address issues seen by faculty and students using the system.
A few of things that will make life a little easier for everybody:
- The My Courses module will work correctly for faculty with more than 25 courses
- Issues with faculty attempting to search for all students under the course roster
- the essay/short answer box will no longer block out part of the question
- The list of certified browsers will include IE8, FireFox 3.5 and Safari 4
- Various performance issues will be corrected
These are just a few of the many fixes included in this release.
We plan on installing these fixes Sunday, January 3rd beginning at 8:00 AM and completing before 6:00 PM.
If anybody has any questions about this upgrade please contact the IT Customer Service Center at 859-257-1300.